Saturday, March 16, 2013

Yep...still vegan

5 days in, still going strong. I don't miss cheese, milk and mayo as much as I thought I would. But I DO miss it a little. I've been slack on taking pics of all the food I've made! But I did manage to snap a pic of burrito night. This was a big challenge for me because I LOVE to smother everything in sour cream and cheese! Not to mention slaw soaked in mayo! Yum!!

 

So here's what I came up with:

 

Not quite the same but still delicious. The slaw has a little honey (which I later read in not so vegan, but...) and rice vinegar, dill and pepper. I put extra avocado to give that soft cheesy texture. They were still oh so good.

I've started making my tortilla shells with coconut oil instead of crisco. The shells turn out so much better with the coconut oil! They are so good I eat them plain!

 

2 comments:

  1. And by day 5, of course I ment day 6. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you're doin' so great! I'm very impressed - is it hard to come up with stuff?

    ReplyDelete