Wednesday, March 13, 2013

21 days of being vegan

It all started with "hungry for change" then "forks over knives". My viewpoint of food has drastically changed. I never in a million years could see myself giving up meat, let alone any animal byproduct.

But after watching the documentaries, I really got to thinking. Diabetes runs in my family, I do have the mid morning crash, and my cravings for bad foods was something I could not deny. I love food! That's a fact!

I thought it would be a nice challenge to try going vegan for a week. Easy enough! Until I saw an app on my phone for "21 day vegan kick start". And so it began, my 21 day challenge...David is not 100% on board, but is very supportive! He eats what I cook but might add cheese or ranch to it ;)

Day one: apple cinnamon oatmeal for breakfast. (Failed to snap a pic)

Lunch: carrot and roasted red pepper soup with couscous confetti salad (so good)

 

Snack: apple butter with bananas on whole grain bread.

Dinner: hoppin' johns salad and confetti couscous.

Day one complete. Not so bad!

 

1 comment:

  1. mmm, that all looks tasty AND filling. I downloaded the app, but haven't had a chance to look at it, yet. That all looks pretty easy to prepare, too. wow!

    ReplyDelete